Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Minion Speaks!

Against the advice of many fellow overlords, I have decided to allow The RedHeaded Minion to speak directly to you - the inhabitants of the blogosphere.  And so - without further interruption - I bring you this important message.

~TSMK


It hit me at 2:14 am (I do all my best thinking in the wee hours of the morning) that I should introduce myself and let you, dear readers, get to know me a little bit. (If you really don't care and would rather skip to the update on the website, skip down to "And On the Techno-Geek Front..."


As far as physical appearances, Leeloo has the same color hair as I do, and if it stays as hot here in Michigan as it has been, chances are good I may make an attempt at pulling off her style of clothing as well! I'm pretty short (about 5'2") and pretty average in bone structure and looks (though, Mr. RHM disagrees with me on that). I'm very proud of my red hair - as it falls half-way down my back.

I am a (former) techno-geek for a large company that most of you have never heard of. I say former, because although I still do consulting work for them from time-to-time, I had to leave the Company. Some of you may recall a recent lawsuit filed by a woman who claimed she was fired from a financial institution because she was simply too attractive. I shouldn't really go into specifics - but let me just say I know how she feels. My "official" title was "I.T. Coordinator" even though I had no one to 'coordinate'. My responsibilities were that of the Network/Systems Admin, Web designer and Help Desk all rolled into one.

After I left my old post, Mr. RHM and I went into business for ourselves (well, okay, he kept his "real" job/career and I dealt with all our business stuff) and our business is now at the point that I need other things to keep me busy during the day (hence, becoming TSMK's minion).

I knit, my daughter (sub-minion B) knits & crochets and my son (sub-minion C) is starting to knit. I'm not that skilled yet, but I know a good deal when I see one, so I jumped at the chance to enhance my stash and do some techinical work! I also train search dogs, and own/am the handler for 2 beautiful German Shepherd females.

I have a bit of a twisted sense of humor (probably from my work and training in Emergency Services) and I'm a bit of a Jill-Of-All-Trades...

And On the Techno-Geek Front...

Over the course of the next few weeks, I will be testing the new website. I want to make certain it is compatible in all web browsers, and still looks good/is easy to read/the new functions work well.

What this means for you:


It means that occasionaly when I am testing something the redirect that automatically takes you from www.thestraightmaleknitter.com to www.thestraightmaleknitter.blogspot.com will not work. Most of you (if not all of you) have historically accessed the site through blogspot anyway, so it will not affect most of you.


Please, feel free to send me your ideas/questions/suggestions/comments - I really do look forward to hearing from you.. My email is redheadedminion(at)yahoo(dot)com. (Yes, like TSMK has said, that REALLY is my email address).


In terms of specific changes, we will be incorporating a photo gallery for sure - and are evaluating a number of other interesting ideas as well - like a feature that allows you to link to a designer's website to order patterns/books/yarns, etc. from past (and future) projects that TSMK does.


Okay... I think that's it for now.. I look forward to becoming an integral part of the TSMK team :-)

Happy Reading!


The RedHeaded Minion

1 comment: