Sunday, August 8, 2010

A bit of housekeeping

Just over a year in to the blog, and it seems time to make a few changes.

No, this will not now become a forum for discussing Choreplay.  That has been done.

However, I recently learned that the http://www.thestraightmaleknitter.com/ domain has become available.  And like a 15 year old boy being offered a ride in a bus filled with scantily clad cheerleaders I jumped at the opportunity.  So readers can now access the blog through either the blogger site or the stand-alone domain.  At present, the domain will redirect readers to the blogger site.  But soon - all that will change.

How, you ask?  How can a banjo-playing neoluddite learn the skills necessary to develop a web presence?  It is true, it seems on par with the World of Warcraft commercials featuring Mr. T. 


Well, I'll tell you how.

I've acquired a minion.

And not just any minion.  A redheaded minion.  Those are the best type.  Plus, my minion is female.  Yes. You heard me right.  I have a redheaded female minion.  Truly, world domination cannot be far away. 

I know this because Mrs. TSMK is also redheaded.  Although she clearly is not my minion.  I'm more of her minion, but that's a whole other blog post.  Harnessing the power of the redhead can be a scary thing - like splitting the atom.  This should be interesting.

I've never met my minion, nor even seen a photo of her in any significant detail. And for that reason I'm free to assume she bears a startling resemblance to Leeloo from The Fifth Element.  At least, if Leeloo had enjoyed knitting and agreed to be compensated in yarn.

So Leeloo has agreed to assist in developing the domain site as an upgrade to this forum.  When we're finished, we hope to have some additional functionality not available (or at least that I can't figure out how to manage) on the blogger site.  For example, a gallery of finished objects.

But this is an interactive forum.  And so we're soliciting input into what other additions/improvements you might like to see on the blog.  If you have any suggestions, please feel free to email them to redheadedminion@yahoo.com.  No, seriously.  That's Leeloo's email address.  Too cool.


So far, Leeloo has already exceeded my expectations, as she drags this neo-luddite kicking and screaming into the world of social media.  For, starting last Friday, I'm told I now have a facebook fan page.






As a second item of housekeeping, I'm pleased to announce that I've mailed off four skeins of Cascade plus two skeins of my handspun to Amy in Iowa. 




















As the selected participant in the TSMKBO-YAG event, Amy indicated that she prefers purples, blues and greens.  So, purples, blues and greens it is.  Along with one skein of black/brown for construction of the Echidna.  I can't wait.




~TSMK

1 comment:

  1. Wish I had a minion... well, I do, but he's only 2 1/2 at the moment. Gotta wait a little while before he's up to real miniony things. He's still in training now.

    ReplyDelete