Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fear and Loathing in the Living Room

I'm a little worried.  I may have done something dreadful.  The trouble is, I don't know for sure if I did.  And, if I did, I'm not sure what it is.  Let me explain.

This morning, Mrs. TSMK and I were having our morning 15 minutes of quasi-uninterrupted conversation on the couch.  We do this every morning (or try to).  We banish the children for just a few minutes so that the two of us can drink a cup of coffee or tea together, talk about what we need to do that day, and generally strategize on how to make it to the kids' bedtime.  War planning, really.  But with an affectionate bent.

And this morning, well into our discussion, I noticed that I wasn't hearing her.  Her lips were moving.  I'm sure they were saying something important.  But I couldn't hear her. 

This is not my fault.  The fact is that her lips were speaking quite a bit more softly than her outfit - which was shouting every inch of her curves at me.  If the yoga pants and clingy white top had been amplifier, they would have gone to 11.  That's one more, isn't it?

So anyway, I have no idea what she was saying.  I just know that I found myself nodding and saying "yes" without comprehension.  And that's what has me worried.  Just what did I agree to?  What if it is something horrible - like going on a weekend trip to Forks to look for sparkly vampires?  Or eating kale?  Or, heaven forbid, eating Kale in Forks?  This could get really ugly.

- Breathe TSMK; this too shall pass -

Ok.  Now that I have my wits about me at least momentarily - let me share the most recently completed item.  This is my version of Kim Hargreaves' Edda.  Luckily, it does not appear to have been unnecessarily fouled by tartar.  Shown here prior to blocking - I'm hoping the cables will be slightly more presentable once I give it a good soak and pinning out.  I did mine in wool, as opposed to the cotton called for by the pattern.  I like it, and Mrs. TSMK does too. 

Wait a minute - you don't suppose she was asking me to make another one?

~TSMK

No comments:

Post a Comment