Friday, April 1, 2016

Turtle Journey

My friend and coworker GYI and her wife are expecting their first child.  A little boy. 

I'm a sucker for babies - especially first babies in a family - and she was gracious enough to agree that I should be allowed to make him a blanket.

After a fair amount of questioning (read: harassment), GYI confessed that her family has a particular appreciation of turtles.  With that in mind, I set to work.  I picked out a pattern, modified it just a bit, and came up with this blanket.  It is done in ultra-washable acrylic.  Babies are sweet, but they are also messy (or at least mine were), so machine-washable I thought was a must.




So there you have it: Baby turtles making their way from the sand to the surf.  

I can't wait to meet the little guy.

~TSMK

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing blanket! It's adorable! I'm sure they love it.

    ReplyDelete